Queensbury Capital is a London centric real estate investor and developer. Queensbury Capital is a well-funded, privately held company who acquire opportunistic and value add assets across a range of uses and lot sizes. The company has recently acquired a number of large development sites across Greater London and has a significant amount of capital left to deploy on similar assets, and is therefore looking for a new Development Manager to join the team and assist with future projects.
The role presents an opportunity for a bright, hardworking, development manager to join a growing team. The successful candidate will be a key member of the company moving forwards and will have the opportunity to help shape the direction of the company’s growth.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Investment Manager in initial Due Diligence and underwriting of mixed-use development led acquisitions
- Coordinate pre-acquisition technical information form 3rd party consultants to form part of the Investment Committee approvals
- Formulate project briefs, appoint and manage the professional team from pre-acquisition feasibility stage through to obtaining planning approvals and through the appeal process if required. A significant number of the scheme are likely to be GLA referable
- Monitor performance of all aspects of the development process, particularly up to obtaining planning consent and deliver key performance metrics to the Investment Manager and wider business
- Work closely with cost managers and contractors to ensure project viability throughout the design process to RIBA Stage 4
- Assist in the execution of various asset management initiatives specific to each development project
- Develop and maintain relationships with local councils, related government bodies, key stakeholders and professional consultants
- Post planning the role will focus on the high-level overview of site delivery, coordination of professional, project management and construction teams
The candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Member of the RICS or equivalent with 3-5 years PQE in relevant field
- Interest in working in non-hierarchical and entrepreneurial environment
- Good understanding of the planning system and experience of achieving complex planning consents is essential
- Proven ability to build, lead, manage and motivate project teams, primarily in obtaining complex planning consents
- Asset management experience including Landlord & Tenant is desirable
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to effectively track, report, and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people, develop and maintain key contacts
- An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and purse potential development opportunities
To view the full job description and apply please follow this link.